The Sumner School Board recognizes that good nutrition and moderate to vigorous daily physical activity are essential for all students to improve academic performance and physical and
The Sumner School District is committed to cultivating a school environment that helps students learn and practice lifelong fitness, healthy eating and other healthy lifestyle habits.
Many factors play a role in achieving a health-promoting school environment, including foods and beverages available to students while at school, nutrition education, fitness education,
opportunities for physical activity, and other school-based activities designed to promote student wellness.
Superintendent and/or designee shall establish wellness, nutrition, fitness, and health regulations and procedures to implement this policy. The Wellness Regulations and Procedures shall:
- Establish standards for all foods and beverages sold and served to students on each school campus during the entire school day.
- Establish goals for student nutrition education, physical activity, and other school-based activities designed to promote student wellness.
- Establish a plan to implement, review, and evaluate Wellness Policy standards and implementation.
- Recommend all policy related standards for final approval and report findings of policy implementation evaluation to the Sumner School District Board of Directors.
- Establish a School Health Advisory Committee, comprised of the Child Nutrition Service director, and administrator, teacher, parent, and student representatives.