|Highly Capable Program
The Sumner School District defines highly capable students as those who demonstrate, or have the potential to demonstrate, outstanding levels of aptitude (defined as exceptional ability to reason and learn). We recognize and embrace the development of highly capable students and their use and possession of untrained, natural ability (Gagne).
Do you know a student who performs at significantly advanced academic levels when compared with other students of the same age? Consider referring them for Sumner School District's Highly Capable Services by completing a Referral Packet
Referrals are no longer being accepted for the 2017-18 School Year.
- Highly Capable Services Referral Period for the 2018-19 School Year: TBD
- Highly Capable Services Informational Meeting for the 2018-19 School Year: TBD
- Kindergarten-11th Grade Referral Window: Jan. 4 - 27, 2017
- Testing Window Feb. 6 - March 3, 2017
- Families notified in April, 2017
- Services will begin September 2017 for qualified students
THE MISSION OF THE HIGHLY CAPABLE PROGRAM
Our mission is to partner with families and the community to address the intellectual, social, and emotional needs of highly capable students by providing meaningful and challenging educational experiences.